Specific Content Areas
The main content categories on the NIAID site can be found by clicking on any one of the tabs along the top of each page of the site:
- Diseases & Conditions
- Grants & Contracts
- Clinical Trials
- News & Events
- About NIAID
The search engine will look through an index of content on the NIAID site.
- At the top of the screen is a Search box. Type a word or phrase in the box and click the "Search" button to activate your search.
- To get medical advice, we urge you to consult your doctor. As a biomedical research agency, we cannot give medical advice or answer personal medical questions.
- MedlinePlus Directories—A service of the National Library of Medicine may assist you in finding medical care.
- A university-affiliated research hospital in your area may help you find a specialist.
Health/Disease Information—Additional Sources
- NIH Health Information Index—An A–Z subject guide that provides a direct link to the specific NIH Institute that supports research related to your health concern.
- MedlinePlus—A service of the National Library of Medicine to assist you in finding quality health sites, not only at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) but also at other reliable institutions across the country. Use the search box to find resources on the topic of your choice.
- Locate an NIAID key contact.
- Search the complete NIH staff listing.
Plug-ins and Viewers
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF Files)
Windows and Macintosh - This download allows users to view PDF files.
MS Word (DOC Files)
Windows - This viewer allows users without MS Word to open and view Word documents.
MS PowerPoint (PPT Files)
Windows - This viewer allows users without MS PowerPoint to open and view PowerPoint documents.
MS Excel (XLS Files)
Windows - This viewer allows users to view Microsoft Excel files.
If you did not find what you were looking for, contact us or call or write us at
Please allow 7 to 10 working days for us to reply to your email or letter.