NIAID invites entrepreneurs and small business leaders to explore grant and contract funding opportunities and collaborate with us!
Our Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs seek to stimulate technological innovation and help bridge the gap between basic science and commercialization of new therapies, vaccines, diagnostic tests, and other technologies.
Learn more about NIAID small business programs in the sections below. For answers to questions about various components of small business programs, refer to NIH’s Small Business Frequently Asked Questions.
Research Areas of Interest
High-priority areas of interest for the NIAID small business programs include research related to
- HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, detection, and drug development supporting the Division of AIDS.
- Asthma and allergies, autoimmune disease, immune system, radiation exposure, and transplantation supporting the Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation.
- Detection, diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines supporting the Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
We use set-aside funds mandated by Congress to fund over $190 million each year in NIAID small business awards.
Find small business funding opportunities:
- NIAID Small Business Grant Opportunities
- NIH Small Business Find Funding
Learn about NIAID’s SBIR and STTR program structure, including which funding mechanisms we use to support small businesses, and compare SBIR grants and contracts.
Review NIAID’s high-priority areas of interest and associated contacts that support businesses pursuing research in a variety of important areas of science.
Follow the grant application process to determine eligibility, register your small business, identify funding, apply, and follow up on your application.
Read success stories from companies who have received funding from NIAID’s SBIR/STTR program to help them advance their innovative technologies.
Meet the team at NIAID dedicated to helping small businesses.